HTML5 and CSS: The Basics (IT Training)
Full course description
Help accessing courses on IU Expand (for IU and non-IU users)
About the Course
In this course, discover how to read and write web languages HTML and CSS in order to structure and style a web page from scratch.
- Structure text and image content for the web using HTML5
- Learn semantic markup new to the HTML standard
- Style a web page using Cascading Style Sheets (CSS)
- Create hyperlinks to link to other pages
- Learn the box model for basic layout
- Make web pages accessible and well-formed
- Create a well-formed XML document
- Validate an XML document
Meet the Instructor
This course is created and maintained by IT Training, a department of University Information Technology Services of Indiana University (IU). IT Training provides educational opportunities around technologies and software made available by IU. In an effort to expand the reach of IT Training's award-winning, high-quality content, this online series has been available to members of the IU community—and beyond. We hope you enjoy this learning experience.
This course is part of a UITS IT Training Certificate Series. Learn more about the series and how to enroll.