Full course description
IMPORTANT NOTE: IU faculty, staff, and students can access this course content at no cost with a valid IU username and passphrase.
(DO NOT PURCHASE THIS COURSE IF YOU ARE AN IU MEMBER.)
IU faculty, staff, and students: Learn more and enroll at no cost.
Length: 2-4 hours total
- Understand charting terminology
- Select appropriate chart types for a specific set of data
- Create basic chart types, including column, pie, line, XY Scatter, and bar charts
- Add a trendline and equation to the XY Scatter chart
- Apply custom formats to charts and chart elements
- Save and apply a chart template
- Apply themes to charts
- Insert Excel charts into a PowerPoint presentation
- Comfort using Excel
- Enter text and numbers into a worksheet
- Perform calculations with formulas and functions
- Format cells and worksheets
- Select ranges of data
This course is part of a UITS IT Training Certificate Series. Get a 10% discount on the combined cost of all courses in this series when you enroll in the full series at one time. Learn more about the series and how to enroll.
This course is created and maintained by IT Training, a department of University Information Technology Services of Indiana University (IU). IT Training provides educational opportunities around technologies and software made available by IU. In an effort to expand the reach of IT Training's award-winning, high-quality content, this online series has been available to members of the IU community—and beyond. We hope you enjoy this learning experience.