Dreamweaver: The Basics (IT Training)
Full course description
Help accessing courses on IU Expand (for IU and non-IU users)
About the Course
Dreamweaver can help you create web pages and manage web sites. In this course, we'll add text, images, and style to web pages. In addition, we'll explore how to use templates to make controlling and updating page content a snap.
This training is intended for people with a basic understanding of HTML and CSS, but little or no experience using Dreamweaver.
- Become familiar with the Dreamweaver interface
- Add text and image content
- Re-use content from external text files
- Work with CSS styles
- Insert links
- Implement templates to reduce website maintenance time
- Upload a completed site to a web server
- Understand the general interface of Adobe programs
- Structure text and image content for the web using HTML5
- Style a web page using Cascading Style Sheets (CSS)
- Understand the box model for basic layout
Meet the Instructor
This course is created and maintained by IT Training, a department of University Information Technology Services of Indiana University (IU). IT Training provides educational opportunities around technologies and software made available by IU. In an effort to expand the reach of IT Training's award-winning, high-quality content, this online series has been available to members of the IU community—and beyond. We hope you enjoy this learning experience.
This course is part of a UITS IT Training Certificate Series. Learn more about the series and how to enroll.