This course will introduce you to page layout principles that will help in the research poster creation process. It will also help you learn how to make research posters in your choice of design programs, including PowerPoint, Illustrator, and InDesign.
Full course description
About the Course
- Describe what a research poster is
- Recognize when and why you might want to create one
- Describe print layout principles and how they relate to creating effective research posters
- Create and lay out a poster in your preferred design program, including:
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe InDesign
- Recognize considerations when printing a poster on a plotter
- Ensure your poster looks its best when printing
Meet the Instructor
This course is created and maintained by IT Training, a department of University Information Technology Services of Indiana University (IU). IT Training provides educational opportunities around technologies and software made available by IU. In an effort to expand the reach of IT Training's award-winning, high-quality content, this online series has been available to members of the IU community—and beyond. We hope you enjoy this learning experience.