Full course description
About the Course
Adobe After Effects is a visual effects and animation program which allows you to add effects and animations to existing video as part of the post-production process. In this training, you will create a 30-second movie trailer in After Effects. While making the movie trailer, you'll gain familiarity with the After Effects interface, explore efficient After Effects workflows, and learn how the basic animation and effects tools work.
- Understand terminology used in the video post-production process
- Work with content on the Timeline
- Understand how to work with layers
- Add text and other objects to a composition
- Add effects and animation to objects and text
- Edit applied effects and animation
- Import After Effects content into Premiere Pro with Adobe Dynamic Link
- Export a completed video
- Use a mouse and keyboard
- Understand video formats
- Perform basic video editing tasks in Premiere Pro
Meet the Instructor
This course is created and maintained by IT Training, a department of University Information Technology Services of Indiana University (IU). IT Training provides educational opportunities around technologies and software made available by IU. In an effort to expand the reach of IT Training's award-winning, high-quality content, this online series has been available to members of the IU community—and beyond. We hope you enjoy this learning experience.
This course is part of a UITS IT Training Certificate Series. Learn more about the series and how to enroll.