Full course description
About the Course
Relationships are the fundamental building blocks of complex databases and are critical to designing and working with sophisticated databases. This training is intended for those who are familiar with the basic features of Access but are interested in learning how to define relationships in relational databases and how to create relational queries and forms. Materials also discuss creating lookup fields, and use challenge exercises to help reinforce concepts.
- Explore various types of relationships and create relationships between tables
- Understand how referential integrity rules work
- Build relational queries exploring different join types
- Create lookup fields
- Create a relational form
- Import columns of data from an Excel workbook into an Access table
- Explore the options for cascade update related fields and cascade delete related records
- Understand the basic features of Access
- Create simple tables
- Enter and edit data in tables
- Create simple queries
Meet the Instructor
This course is created and maintained by IT Training , a department of University Information Technology Services of Indiana University (IU). IT Training provides educational opportunities around technologies and software made available by IU. In an effort to expand the reach of IT Training's award-winning, high-quality content, this online series has been available to members of the IU community—and beyond. We hope you enjoy this learning experience.