Access: Designing the Database Interface (IT Training)
Full course description
Help accessing courses on IU Expand (for IU and non-IU users)
About the Course
Using Access’s forms and reports tools, you can design a user-friendly interface for your database. In this training, you will learn how to use those tools in-depth to create easier-to-use databases. You will also learn how to package and password protect your database so that it behaves like a stand-alone application, with only the tools users need to work with being visible.
- Create relational forms and reports
- Enhance forms with drop-down lists and command buttons
- Use design features to make forms and reports more usable and attractive
- Create a navigation form
- Clean up and package a finished database
- Create parameter queries
- Summarize data using groups, calculated expressions, and aggregate totals
- Perform mathematical and text operations in a query
Meet the Instructor
This course is created and maintained by IT Training , a department of University Information Technology Services of Indiana University (IU). IT Training provides educational opportunities around technologies and software made available by IU. In an effort to expand the reach of IT Training's award-winning, high-quality content, this online series has been available to members of the IU community—and beyond. We hope you enjoy this learning experience.
This course is part of a UITS IT Training Certificate Series. Learn more about the series and how to enroll.