Full course description
This course is made for anyone looking to improve the accessibility of their Canvas site or course. It is designed to help answer questions, such as:
- Why is creating accessible Canvas sites critical?
- What areas should I consider when it comes to Canvas accessibility?
- What steps should I take to make my Canvas course accessible?
- How do I test if my Canvas site is accessible?
In this course, you'll learn the answers to all of these questions—and more. This course helps you understand the most important criteria for creating an accessible Canvas course, why each step matters, and how to how to test your efforts.
After completing the modules, you will be able to:
- Understand the importance of making an accessible Canvas course
- Create usable, navigable and accessible pages within a Canvas course
- Check for and fix accessibility and usability issues in uploaded files, multimedia, and across an entire Canvas course
Module Topics Include
- Understanding the Impact of Accessibility
- Key Accessibility Concepts
- Improving Accessibility
Meet the Course Creators
This course is created and maintained by:
- UITS IT Training, which provides educational opportunities around technologies and software made available at IU.
- UITS Assistive Technology & Accessibility Centers (ATAC), which partners with campus disability services to offer assistive technology and IT accessibility consultations, presentations, training, and support
- User Experience Office (UX at IU), works with IU offices, departments, and schools to design and develop an impactful digital campus.
Found an issue in the course content? Contact us to let us know.