Full course description
The 2020 Indiana Secondary Transition Resource Center’s Capacity Building Institute (CBI) is an online version of the yearly conference. The CBI provides training to teachers and administrators that work to support students in the transition to adulthood. Information included is relevant to new and experienced educators and administrators.
Information included in the CBI covers transition services and activities, cultural equity, Universal Design for Learning, and best practices for working with employers. Educators will learn how to use the information to best support students in reaching positive outcomes after high school.
After completing the modules, you will be able to:
- Explain how to use Universal Design for Learning principles in transition environments
- Develop quality transition services and activities in the transition IEP
- Use best practice techniques to work with employers
- Understand cultural issues related to transition
Module Topics Include
- 2020 Indiana Cadres of Transition Leaders Presentation
- Critical Reflection with Transition Leaders & educators: A focus on culture & equity
- Employer Panel Session
- Integrating universal Design for Learning into Transition: A focus on Secondary Education
- Transition Services and Activities