Schizophrenia Spectrum and Other Psychotic Disorders
Apr 1, 2023 - Apr 30, 2023
Full course description
This course identifies the basic elements of schizophrenia spectrum and other psychotic disorders. We discuss stereotypes, symptoms, and potential functional limitations. We describe effective employment practices and recognize the challenges for youth with psychosis in the transition process, discussing ways to address the issues.
By the end of the course, learners will be able to:
- Identify basic elements of schizophrenia spectrum and other psychotic disorders and how the diagnoses differ.
- Summarize schizophrenia spectrum and other psychotic disorders and factors that contribute to its development.
- Identify stereotypes surrounding schizophrenia spectrum and other psychotic disorders.
- Describe the symptoms and potential functional limitations of schizophrenia spectrum and other psychotic disorders.
- Identify various ways that persons with schizophrenia and other psychotic disorders manage their symptoms using a multimodal approach.
- Relate how specific characteristics of schizophrenia/psychosis are considered in the career exploration process, using a team approach.
- Explain cultural differences in the ways schizophrenia and psychosis are viewed. Indicate how to promote racial and cultural equity in service provision.
- Illustrate how functional limitations can be accommodated. . Identify effective employment practices, potential barriers, accommodations, and other employment considerations for persons with schizophrenia and psychosis.
- Recognize the challenges for youth with psychosis in the transition process and ways to address the issues.
This course will be offered four times each year. The cost is $125.00.
- April 1-30
- June 1-30
- September 1-30
- December 1-31
Registration for each course will o(pen in the month prior to training. Earn professional development credits (CE units, CRCs, PGP hours) upon course completion. This course takes approximately 5 hours to complete.
Module Topics Include:
- Basic Elements of Schizophrenia Spectrum and Other Psychotic Disorders (SSD)
- Prevalence of SSD
- Stereotypes and Myths Surrounding SSD
- Symptoms and Potential Functional Limitations of SSD
- Managing Symptoms of SSD Using a Multimodal Approach
- Specific Characteristics of Schizophrenia/Psychosis in the Career Exploration Process
- Cultural Differences in the Ways Schizophrenia and Psychosis are Viewed
- Promoting Racial and Cultural Equity in Service Provision
- Job Accommodations
- Effective Employment Practices and Other Considerations for Persons with SSD
How to Access
Upon enrolling, you will receive instructions and the link to Canvas. Note: When you register, you'll receive an email invitation. Be sure to accept that invitation, or Canvas will not allow you to open the course modules.
Trainees can move through content modules at their own pace within the course timeframe. Trainees are allowed to finish the course prior to its conclusion date.