Employment Consultant Training with an Emphasis on Customized Employment
May 8, 2023 - Jun 30, 2023
Full course description
This Employment Consultant Training has an Emphasis on Customized Employment and helps prepare learners for the Certified Employment Specialist Certification (CESP) exam. The course curriculum is approved by ACRE (Association of Community Rehabilitation Educators). Individuals who participate in all training components and successfully complete all online assignments receive a competency-based certificate from Indiana University.
Learning OutcomesAfter completion of modules you will:
- Understand and apply the core values and principles of employment for people with disabilities.
- Understand and implement Discovery/individualized assessment and employment/career planning.
- Understand and implement community research and job development strategies.
- Understand and be able to implement workplace supports.
- Understand and develop multiple approaches to employment for people with disabilities, including competitive employment, customized employment, supported employment, and transitional employment.
This course will be offered six times each year. The cost is $325.00.
- January 3- February 28
- March 6- April 28
- May 8- June 30
- July 6- August 31
- September 5- October 31
- November 6- December 29
- January 3- February 29
- March 4- April 26
- May 6- June 28
- July 8- August 30
- September 2- October 28
- Novemer 4- December 31
Registration for each course will open in the month prior to training. For more information, see the Employment Consultant Training webpage.
Module Topics Include:
- Principles of Supported and Customized Employment
- The Evolution of Support and Customized Employment
- Roles, Responsibilities, and Expectations
- Customized Employment
- Marketing for Employment Services
- Job Development
- Job Training and Workplace Supports
- Assistive Technology
- Employment and Mental Health
- Criminal Justice Involvement
- Federal Programs for Businesses and People with Disabilities
How to Access
Upon enrolling, you will receive instructions and the link to Canvas. Note: When you register, you'll receive an email invitation. Be sure to accept that invitation, or Canvas will not allow you to open the course modules.
Trainees can move through content modules at their own pace within the course timeframe. Trainees are allowed to finish the course prior to its conclusion date. Assignments will be graded, and attendees have access to instructor support and feedback throughout training.