Full course description
This course is intended for professionals new to employment services, seasoned professionals currently working in employment services, persons supervising the delivery of employment services, case management personnel, and Vocational Rehabilitation personnel working collaboratively with employment providers. The self-paced course is offered over a six-week session and takes approximately 30 hours to complete. Continuing Education Credits are available.
1. Understand Discovery history, underlying values, ethical guidelines, definitions, and best-practice implementation.
2. Gain basic knowledge and understanding of quality Discovery processes.
3. To obtain practice in implementing the "best practices" approaches to Discovery for people with disabilities.
Enrollment DetailsThis course will be offered quartlery (4 times) per year. The cost is $250.00.
Module Topics Include
- Discovery Background
- Discovery Characteristics
- Relevant Information for Discovery
- Using Exchange Experiences for Discovery
- Constructing Next Steps in the Discovery Process
- The Discovery Narrative Document
- Discovery Conversations
How to Access
Upon enrolling, you will receive instructions and the link to Canvas. Note: When you register, you'll receive an email invitation. Be sure to accept that invitation, or Canvas will not allow you to open the course modules.
Trainees can move through content modules at their own pace within the course timeframe. Trainees are allowed to finish the course prior to its conclusion date. Assignments will be graded, and attendees have access to instructor support and feedback throughout training.