Apr 1, 2023 - Apr 30, 2023
Full course description
This course examines the types, risk factors, symptoms, and treatment options for anxiety disorders. We explore a variety of cultural perspectives, stigmas, and biases. Finally, we consider the impact of anxiety disorders on training and employment and how you can help people with anxiety disorders to reach their vocational goals.
Learning OutcomesBy the end of the course, learners will be able to:
- Recognize prevalence and different types of anxiety disorders.
- Describe risk factors, symptoms, and treatment for the various anxiety disorders.
- Articulate ways to honor cultural differences in approaching anxiety disorders.
- Identify best practices for career exploration with individuals with anxiety disorders..
- Explain how service providers can support students with anxiety disorders to promote persistence in school/college.
- Describe employment considerations and effective employment related solutions for individuals with anxiety disorders.
This course will be offered four times each year. The cost is $125.00.
- April 1-30
- June 1-30
- September 1-30
- December 1-31
Registration for each course will open in the month prior to training. Earn professional development credits (CE units, CRCs, PGP hours) upon course completion. The course takes approximately 5 hours to complete.
Module Topics Include:
- What are Anxiety Disorders?
- Symptoms, Risk Factors and Treatment
- The Role of Culture
- Career Exploration
- Postsecondary Education Considerations
- Employment Considerations
How to Access
Upon enrolling, you will receive instructions and the link to Canvas. Note: When you register, you'll receive an email invitation. Be sure to accept that invitation, or Canvas will not allow you to open the course modules.
Trainees can move through content modules at their own pace within the course timeframe. Trainees are allowed to finish the course prior to its conclusion date.