A Framework for Creating Safe and Inclusive Schools is a Course
A Framework for Creating Safe and Inclusive Schools
Feb 11, 2022 - Nov 7, 2024
Full course description
This course focuses on the MAP Center’s framework for developing safe and inclusive schooling environments. This framework guides educators and education stakeholders through a process of determining the extent at which their policies, practices, and language is indeed safe and inclusive.
After completing the course modules, you will be able to:
- Name and define the four domains of the MAP Center’s Framework for Creating Safe and Inclusive Schooling Environments.
- Explain how creating spaces that are physically, intellectually, social-emotionally, and culturally safe and inclusive moves beyond zero tolerance for bullying, harassment, and discrimination.
- Develop an action plan utilizing the four domains of the MAP Center’s Framework for Creating Safe and Inclusive Schooling Environments to increase safety and inclusivity within local context.
- Did You Know?
- Why It Matters?
- For Equity Now!
- Erin Sanborn, M.Ed., Doctoral Research Assistant
- Seena Skelton, Ph.D., Director of Operations
- Kristen Ford, Ed.D., Instructional Designer
With review and further contributions from:
- Kathleen King Thorius, Ph.D., Executive Director
- Tiffany Kyser, Ph.D., Associate Director of Engagement and Partnerships
Length: 3-5 hours
Department: Great Lakes Equity Center
Audience: Education stakeholders who have a vested interest in increasing educational equity by developing safe and inclusive schools.