Full course description
This course provides a host of resources to help instructors and TAs promote academic integrity in the classroom as well as to manage cases of academic misconduct when they do occur. Using a series of engaging video scenarios, instructors are exposed to common types of misconduct and given models for how to deal with these incidences. The course also includes useful handouts and quizzes to ensure mastery of the course content.
After completing the modules, you will be able to:
- Explain the processes and resources to help safeguard academic integrity in your classes
- Identify different types of academic misconduct that might occur in your class
- Describe best practices to promote academic integrity and discourage academic misconduct
- Locate resources for instructors on academic integrity and reporting academic misconduct
Module Topics Include
- Understanding academic integrity and misconduct
- Recognizing academic misconduct when you see it
- What to do when academic misconduct is identified
The group that designed this course is a part of the Gateway to Graduation faculty at IUPUI. A community of practice was formed around the topic of Academic Integrity with intent of sharing scholarly activities and ideas. The group consists of a variety of faculty from multiple schools and ranks at IUPUI.
For questions or inquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.