Learning with Integrity
Apr 24, 2017 - Apr 23, 2025
Full course description
This course is designed to introduce students to the basics of academic integrity. The course will discuss the importance of academic integrity and how IUPUI is making academic integrity a priority. The students will be shown different types of academic misconduct and why these are considered misconduct. There will also be information on what happens if a student is involved in an academic misconduct situation, the procedures at IUPUI for dealing with academic misconduct, and what students should do if they witness other students participating in misconduct. This course is intended to be used as a learning tool for students and for faculty to use to initiate a conversation with students about the importance of academic honesty.
After completing the modules, you will be able to:
- Recognize academic misconduct
- Identify the different types of academic misconduct
- Explain the consequences of academic misconduct at IUPUI and even in life beyond graduation
Module Topics Include
- Understanding academic integrity and misconduct
- Recognizing academic misconduct when you see it
- What to do when academic misconduct is identified
About the Course Creators
The group that designed this course is a part of the Gateway to Graduation faculty at IUPUI. A community of practice was formed around the topic of Academic Integrity with intent of sharing scholarly activities and ideas. The group consists of a variety of faculty from multiple schools and ranks at IUPUI.
For questions or inquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.