Full course description
Individuals who work with IU's financial data and systems and are strongly encouraged to complete the Introduction to Financial Reports course. This training is designed for IU staff who are familiar with IU’s accounting structure such as object codes and accounts.
By the end of this training, you will be able to:
- Apply report-related terminology to the interpretation of a simple financial report.
- Identify the three environments in which financial reports can be run at IU.
- Describe the similarities and differences between KFS Balance Inquiries, IUIE reports, and the Controller's Office Reporting Tools.
Module Topics Include
- Technical Setup, Introduction, and Review
- Financial Reports Vocabulary
- Two More Definitions: Org Reversion and Consolidation Hierarchies
- Financial Reporting Options
- Wrap up and Resources