Full course description
Individuals who work with the Kuali Financial System (KFS) are strongly encouraged to complete the Getting Started in KFS course. Completion of this course is not required to obtain KFS access.
By the end of this training, you will be able to:
- Summarize your role in IU's finance and accounting system.
- Explain the purpose of IU's finance and accounting system.
- Define the following accounting terms: chart codes, accounts, and object codes.
- Demonstrate your ability to initiate and submit a KFS document, including your use of the Notes and Attachments and the Ad Hoc Recipients tabs.
- Demonstrate your ability to follow a KFS document to final status using the Route Log, Doc Search, and Action List.
Module Topics Include
- Technical Setup
- Your Role in IU's Finance and Accounting Practices
- Accounting at IU
- Introduction to the Kuali Financial System (KFS)
- Account and Object Code Lookups
- Distribution of Income and Expenses
- Document Workflow Actions
- Wrap up and Resources
Length: 2 hours
Employee Services, Training, & Communication Department in the Office of the Vice President & Chief Financial Officer (VPCFO)
Credit: Certificate of completion
Audience: Any employee (faculty or staff), or individuals who work with the Kuali Financial System (KFS), are strongly encouraged to complete this training.