LARC Immunocompromised Rodent Handling
Started Aug 11, 2020
Full course description
What is this course about?
This is a ~45 minute online course that is comprised of
- Presentation describing the procedures and processes which are required when working with immunocompromised rodents
- A handout describing the procedure and processes in detail
- 3) A quiz, where a final grade of 100% is required to pass the course.
This course covers procedures to keep the immunocompromised rodents healthy, including demonstration and discussion on personal protective equipment, traffic flow patterns, and handling of immunocompromised rodents.
Who should attend this course?
This course will be most useful for any research faculty and staff who need to work with immunocompromised rodents and/or need access to LARC housing rooms that only house immunocompromised rodents.
What are the prerequisites for this course?
The LARC Facility Basic Orientation Training course(s) for the facility(ies) at which access is needed is a required pre-requisite. The LARC Immunocompromised Rodent Handling course is required for immunocompromised rodent housing access.
- Enroll in an available course date/time from the drop down list above (12/31/22)
- This is is an online asynchronous course
- At the time you enroll, accept your invite. Click on and visit the Canvas course page link provided on the confirmation page to view your dashboard and assignments. (Canvas.IU.edu)
- 1st View thepresentation
- 2nd View the handout
- 3rd Take and pass (100%) the quiz at any time before your selected course date/time.
- Complete all the requirements and allow at least 3 business days before you need access to the appropriate immunocompromised rodent housing room.
Course Offered by: Laboratory Animal Resource Center (LARC), IU School of Medicine
Course Locations: Indianapolis
Course Length: ~45 minutes