Full course description
All Things Work-Study is a short course explaining what is work-study, how can one receive and hiring processes involved to have a student work in your office or department using these funds. In this course, we will also discuss some of the rules and regulations that are for work-study student employees.
After completing the modules, you will be able to:
- Explain how a student can verify their work-study award
- Identify department/office roles and responsibilities when hiring students using Work-study funding
- How to submit a job posting for your IUPUI Work-Study positions
- Understand how to submit the completed FWS authorization form ( by student and supervisor) to payroll processor for approval
- Transition student employees from one academic term to another (Summer to AY or AY to Summer)
Meet the Office
The Office of Student Employment's vision is to become a nationally recognized leader in the innovation and promotion of student employment best practices and services. The mission of the Office of Student Employment is to support the Division of Undergraduate Education by empowering students to pursue and to succeed in meaningful, academically relevant college work experiences that enhance both academic and professional growth.
As you understand what work-study is and it is used will help our office achieve its mission and through creating campus dialogue and understanding of synergy between academics and collegiate work experiences. We can establish and maintain best practices and expectations for students and employment programs. We are able to provide professional development opportunities through services and programming. This leads to the overall outcome of connecting students and employers in mutually beneficial work experiences.