Full course description
Available to all staff, faculty, and students. Participants can earn the Indiana University Emergency Preparedness Certification by completing 6 required trainings and 4 elective trainings (of their choosing). Participants will develop valuable skills and learn about resources that will enhance their personal readiness for disasters. These trainings have applications in all aspects of life: at home, at work, and at play.
Once you are enrolled, you can access more information via Canvas.iu.edu. Look for the course, IU Emergency Preparedness Certification.
- Emergency Preparedness 101 - IUEMC Lunch & Learn Series (1 hour)
- Building Emergency Kits - IUEMC Lunch & Learn Series (1 hour)
- Active Aggressor - (1 hour)
- FEMA IS-100, Introduction to the Incident Command System (2 hours)
- FEMA IS-454, Fundamentals of Risk Management (2 hours)
- FEMA IS-1300, Continuity of Operations Awareness Course (1 hour)
Elective TrainingsTraining opportunities are available on individual campuses with public safety partners: IU Emergency Management & Continuity, IU Police Department, IU Environmental Health & Safety, and Insurance, Loss Control and Claims. Trainings through non-IU agencies will also be considered to meet this requirement. All trainings are subject to the approval of IUEMC.
- IUEMC Lunch & Learn Series (other than those listed in Required Trainings)
- IU Emergency Management & Continuity Trainings
- Fire Extinguisher Training - INLOCC
- IU Environmental Health & Safety Trainings
- FEMA Independent Study Course (other than those listed in Required Trainings)
- CPR/AED and/or First Aid