Full course description
This class is from 9am to 3pm. The Project Management Institute defines a project as a temporary endeavor with a start and finish undertaken to create a unique product, service, or result. How much of your day is spent on managing projects? Do you have the appropriate training and tools to successfully manage a project from start to finish?This workshop is designed for the unofficial project manager wanting to acquire a basic understanding of the concepts and tools for successful project management. You will learn:
- What project management is and how to identify a project versus daily duties
- Gain a basic understanding of the main methodologies and approaches for project management.
- Stages of a project and the project management cycle for each methodology.
- How to create project objectives with SMART Goals.
- How to use a variety of basic project management planning tools.
- People Management: Building your team, Accountability conversations and Communication
- Time management tools and tips.
- Techniques for successful execution and implementation.
- The importance of evaluation and closeout at the completion of each project.
Facilitated by Chera Finkbiner, IUHR OD Consultant
Offered by IU Human Resources