Full course description
Run, Hide, Fight. The actual probability of finding yourself in an active shooter situation on campus or off is relatively low but it is increasing every year. We will look at key information that you may want to know, such as:
- Types of active shooter incidents;
- Locations where active shooter incidents are most likely to occur;
- Immediate actions to take when you hear shots fired;
- How law enforcement will respond; and
- What you need to do when they arrive.
Additionally, we will discuss the warning signs and triggers often associated with active shooter incidents, and what you can do to report a concerning individual in the IU campus community. We will also include practical steps you can take back to your work place, classroom, and off campus, to ensure that you are better prepared should an active shooter or hostile intruder incident occur.
IU Bloomington's format is a 1.5 hour class. IUPUI's format is a 1 hour class.
Offered by IU Human Resources (HR)