Full course description
This course is to train IU staff working on campus to recognize and avoid unsafe walking and working surfaces. This course is intended to comply with the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) Standards contained in 29 CFR 1910.21, 22, and 23.
This training is intended for Indiana University community members only. If you need to complete this training as a guest user, you may request access to the course at firstname.lastname@example.org.
After completing the module, you will be able to:
- Safely navigate working surfaces to avoid injury.
- Identify walking surfaces that provide a threat of slipping and/or falling.
- Understand techniques to avoid injury in these situations.
Module Topics Include
- Supervisor and employee responsibilities
- Cost of slips, trips and falls
- Types of slips
- Causes of slips
- Causes of trips and missteps
- Conditions increasing risk of slips and trips
- Preventing slips, trips, and falls
- Safe walking practices
- Proper footwear
- Falling properly
IU Environmental Health and Safety