Full course description
The classroom course is intended to provide hands on training for IU employees who use a powered pallet jack. Re-certification is required every three years.
Classroom Powered Pallet Jack Training is a prerequisite.
After completing the module, you will be able to:
- Know and understand proper and safe practices for powered pallet jack operation
- Demonstrate proper and safe operation of a pallet jack
Module Topics Include
- What is a pallet jack
- Operator responsibilities
- Pre-inspections and function tests
- General operating procedures and safety practices
- Personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Types of accidents and how to avoid them
IU Environmental Health and Safety