Full course description
Machinery & Machine Guarding Training
This course is intended for Indiana University employees who use machinery as part of their job duties. The need for machine guarding may be found in machine shops in academic departments, maintenance shops, print shops, and other areas where mechanical equipment is used. This includes CPF or equivalent staff, departmental machine shop users and supervisors.
This training is intended for Indiana University community members only. If you need to complete this training as a guest user, you may request access to the course at firstname.lastname@example.org.
After completing this module, you will be able to:
· Understand the hazards associated with the nature of operation and/or design of machinery.
Module Topics Include
· Types of Machines
· General Requirements of Machine Guarding
· Hazardous Mechanical Motions and Actions
· Types of Guards
· Basic Safeguarding
· Machine-Specific Safeguarding
· Machine Guarding Alternatives
· Machinery Inspection Requirements
IU Environmental Health and Safety