Full course description
This training covers how to minimise exposure to animal allergens and is for all persons with direct contact with animals, tissues, or animal by-products held within Indiana University facilities and all animal facility personnel.
- Principal Investigators,
- Research Staff,
- Animal Care Staff,
- Students Conducting Animal Research for Academic Projects, and
- Other persons needing access into animal facilities.
Training is required initially and then every 3 years during protocol review.
After completing the module, you will be able to:
- Know how to minimise exposure to animal allergens when working with and around animals
- Pass the quiz
Module Topics Include
- Laboratory Animal Allergy (LAA) Causes
- Routes of Exposure
- Symptoms And Reporting Symptoms
- Who is at increased risk
- High Exposure Activities
- Methods to Prevent Exposure
IU Environmental Health and Safety