Full course description
This course is to provide training to IU employees who may become exposed to excessive heat during the course of their job duties.
This training is intended for Indiana University community members only. If you need to complete this training as a guest user, you may request access to the course at email@example.com.
After completing the module, you will be able to:
- Know and understand how to anticipate, identify, and minimize heat related illness or injury during assigned job duties that may involve working in excessive heat environments.
Module Topics Include
- Overview of the IUEHS Heat Stress program
- Important definitions related to heat stress
- Types of heat-related illnesses, injuries and their symptoms; ways to protect employees from heat stress
- Importance of acclimatization
- What to do in the event of a heat-related emergency
IU Environmental Health and Safety