Full course description
This course is to provide non-research employees with the information needed to be able to identify hazards associated with chemcials they may be exposed to in their workplace; how to properly label chemicals in accordance with global harmonization system; and how to protect themselves from chemical hazards during normal work and in the event of a chemical emergencies.
After completing the module, you will be able to:
- Know how to read and understand chemical hazard labels.
Module Topics Include
- OSHA regulations
- How chemicals enter the body
- Detecting the presence of a hazardous chemical
- Factors which affect chemical exposure
- Physical and health hazards
- Measures to protect yourself
- Safety data sheets
- Handling wastes and spills
IU Environmental Health and Safety