Full course description
This course applies to all IU employees who are exposed to airborne contaminants that cannot be controlled through engineering or administrative controls. Employees who anticipate wearing respiratory equipment during an emergency incident are also covered.
Before an employee is allowed to wear a respirator to perform job tasks the following must be completed:
- A hazard evaluation must be completed by IUEHS to determine the respiratory hazard;
- A medical questionnaire must be completed by contacting IUEHS or obtaining the Medical Questionnaire from the appropriate website:
- Training on the proper care and use of the respirator.
If you have questions, please contact IUEHS for your respective campus.
After completing the module, you will be able to:
- Know and understand the proper usage of half-face and full-face respirators.
Module Topics Include
- Operating Principles
- Tight-fitting Cartridge Respirators
- Common Applications
- Usage Guidelines
- Donning/Doffing Respirator
- Care and Maintenance
- General Awareness
- Damage and Repair
IU Environmental Health and Safety