Full course description
This course is intended to inform and protect employees from common hazards associated with electricity and other energy sources; serves as an introduction to the Indiana University Control of Hazardous Energy Program and Electrical Safety Program.
This training is intended for Indiana University community members only. If you need to complete this training as a guest user, you may request access to the course at email@example.com.
After completing the module, you will be able to:
- Know and understand how to anticipate, identify, and minimize electrical hazards during assigned job duties.
Module Topics Include
- Authorities and responsibilities
- Basic electrical safety precautions
- Intro to the Control of Hazardous Energy Program (Lockout/Tagout Program)
- Overview of hazardous energy sources and types
- Basic lockout/tagout (LOTO) procedures
- Introduction to the 811 standard (call before you dig).
IU Environmental Health and Safety