Full course description
This course is intended to inform and protect employees from common hazards associated with electricity and other energy sources; serves as an introduction to the Indiana University Control of Hazardous Energy Program and Electrical Safety.
After completing the module, you will be able to:
- Know and understand how to anticipate, identify, and minimize electrical hazards during assigned job duties.
Module Topics Include
- Authorities and responsibilities
- Basic electrical safety precautions
- Intro to the Control of Hazardous Energy Program (Lockout/Tagout Program)
- Overview of hazardous energy sources and types
- Basic lockout/tagout (LOTO) procedures
- Introduction to the 811 standard (call before you dig).
IU Environmental Health and Safety