Formaldehyde Hazard Communication Training Spring 2022
Ended Jul 1, 2022
Sorry! The enrollment period is currently closed. Please check back soon.
Full course description
This training applies to all occupational exposures to formaldehyde - formaldehyde gas, its solutions, and materials that release formaldehyde. This training is required for all employees exposed to formaldehyde at or above 0.1 parts per million (ppm) as identified by IUEHS. All Indiana University faculty and staff who have exposure to formaldehyde should take this training.
This training is intended for Indiana University community members only. If you need to complete this training as a guest user, you may request access to the course at firstname.lastname@example.org.
After completing the module, you will be able to:
- Know and understand the hazards associated with occupational exposure to formaldehyde
- Signs and symptoms of formaldehyde exposure
- How to limit and/or reduce potential for exposure.
Module Topics Include
- Authority and responsibilities
- Chemical Properties of Formaldehyde
- Use of Formaldehyde
- Potential Routes of Exposure
- Potential Effects
- OSHA Exposure Limits: Exposure Monitoring
- Limiting Exposure
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Regulatory Areas
- Emergency Equipment Requirements
- Labeling Requirements
- Chemical Spill Response
- Formaldehyde Waste Disposal
- Reporting Signs and Symptoms
- Medical Surveillance Program
- Training and Recordkeeping
IU Environmental Health and Safety