Full course description
This course is an introduction and overview of best food safety practices and principles and is intended for food service employees and supervisors.
This training is intended for Indiana University community members only. If you need to complete this training as a guest user, you may request access to the course at email@example.com.
After completing the module, you will be able to:
- Identify and implement best practices for food safety and identify and address the high-risk factors for foodborne illness.
- There is an associated quiz at the end of the training to guage competency.
Module Topics Include
- Importance of food safety
- Definition and types of foodborne illness, reportable conditions, and symptoms
- Food allergies
- Personal hygiene
- Ready to eat and potentially hazardous foods
- Time and temperatures for food safety
- Cleaning and sanitizing
- Labeling and dating
- Pest management
- Emergency response
IU Environmental Health and Safety