Full course description
This course applies to all IU employees who are exposed to airborne particulate contaminants that cannot be controlled through engineering or administrative controls.
Before an employee is allowed to wear a respirator to perform job tasks the following must be completed:
- A hazard evaluation must be completed by IUEHS to determine the respiratory hazard;
- A medical questionnaire must be completed by contacting IUEHS or obtaining the Medical Questionnaire from the appropriate website:
- Training on the proper care and use of the respirator.
If you have questions, please contact IUEHS for your respective campus.
This training is intended for Indiana University community members only. If you need to complete this training as a guest user, you may request access to the course at firstname.lastname@example.org.
After completing the module, you will be able to:
- Know and understand the proper respirator to wear.
Module Topics Include
- Operating Principles
- Disposable Dust/Particulate Respirators
- Common Applications
- Usage Guidelines
- Donning/Doffing Respirator
- Care and Maintenance
- General Awareness
IU Environmental Health and Safety