Full course description
This course applies to all Indiana University employees who are exposed to or may become exposed to excessive cold during the course of performing their job duties.
This training is intended for Indiana University community members only. If you need to complete this training as a guest user, you may request access to the course at email@example.com.
After completing the module, you will be able to:
- Know and understand the conditions that can lead to cold stress
- How to protect employees from cold stress
- How to respond to cold-related illnesses and emergencies
Module Topics Include
- Overview of the IUEHS Cold Stress program
- Types of cold-related illnesses, injuries and their symptoms
- Ways to protect employees from cold stress
- What to do in the event of a cold-related emergency
IU Environmental Health and Safety