Full course description
This course covers hands on training for operating skid steer loaders for departments, supervisors and employees that own, operate, and/or maintain skid steer loaders in compliance with IU Heavy Equipment and Vehicle Safety Program and OSHA 29 CFR 1926.602 and 29 CFR 1926.651.
Skid Steer Loader Awareness training is a prerequisite for this course.
After completing the module, you will be able to:
- Operate skid steer loader properly and safely.
Module Topics Include
- Develop knowledge of general safety considerations, components and controls of the skid steer loaders
- Principles of operation
- Safe operating practices and on-the-job operating procedures
- Learn how to conduct a site safety inspection and a pre-operation equipment check
- Trainees complete both knowledge and skill based assessments
- Trainees are expected to demonstrate an established standard of performance for each operating task on each loader type including, start-up, general operating procedures such as loading, digging and transporting materials, and shut down.
IU Environmental Health and Safety