Full course description
This course provides hands on training for operation of forklifts to supervisors and employees in compliance with IU Powered Industrial Truck Program and OSHA 29 CFR 1910.178.
Introduction to Forklifts training is a prerequisite for this course.
After completing the module, you will be able to:
- Operate forklift properly and safely
Module Topics Include
- Develop knowledge of general safety considerations, components and controls of a forklift
- Principles of operation
- Learn how to conduct a pre-operation equipment check
- Safe operating practices and on-the-job operating procedures
- Trainees complete both knowledge and skill based assessments
- Trainees are expected to demonstrate proper and safe operation of forklift
IU Environmental Health and Safety