Full course description
This course is required for employees who may come in contact with asbestos and complies with the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) Class IV asbestos worker training requirements. Training is required for all Facilities Services Operations and Maintenance staff, Building Services, University Architects, Project Managers, and Maintenance Units.
After completing the module, you will be able to:
- Know and understand where asbestos can be found and how to prevent exposure to asbestos.
Module Topics Include
- The asbestos standard (29CFR1910.1001)
- Background information on asbestos
- Health effects related to asbestos exposure
- Preventing exposure to asbestos
- Methods for controlling asbestos fiber release
IU Environmental Health and Safety