Full course description
This course is designed to complete training for employees of Human Resources (HR) only.
The HIPAA Privacy and Security Rules, the HITECH Act, and the IU HIPAA Privacy and Security Compliance Plan require training of employees in HIPAA affected areas annually.
The training objectives include:
- Increase awareness of HIPAA Privacy and Security Rules as well as the HITECH Act
- Increase awareness of the Indiana University HIPAA Compliance Plan and Policies
- Define HIPAA requirements and your responsibilities
- Understand PHI and how it can be used
- Identify privacy and security vulnerabilities
- Identify privacy and security safeguards
To enroll in the course:
- Click “Enroll”
- Login to Expand if you have not already done so. (You will either use your IU credentials to login, or take steps to create a guest login if you do not have IU credentials.)
- Click “Enroll in Course”
- Select “Go to Your Dashboard”
- Locate the proper course under “In Progress” then select “Begin Course"