Full course description
About This Training
This training is for academic appointees, staff, and temporary positions to educate about the types of data IU collects, how it is classified, data handling responsibilites, and the basic privacy laws one must comply with as an employee of the university. This training is required to be completed once prior to an employee gaining access to IU institutional data. *Some schools/departments may require their employees to complete this training annually.
Length: 30 minutes
Recurrence: Once, or as directed by your school/department/supervisor
Audience: Academic appointees, staff, and temporary positions with access to IU institutional data
This tutorial is intended to provide one with an understanding of:
- The types of data IU collects and how it is classified
- Data handling responsibilities, and
- The basic privacy laws one must comply with as an employee of the university
To enroll in the course:
- Click “Enroll”
- Login to Expand if you have not already done so. (You will either use your IU credentials to login, or take steps to create a guest login if you do not have IU credentials.)
- Click “Enroll in Course”
- Select “Go to Your Dashboard”
- Locate the proper course under “In Progress” then select “Begin Course"