Full course description
Thank you for completing the Qualtrics Form registration and complete the first step for enrolling in this course.
For anyone who has an IU account, you can now enroll in this course by clicking the Enroll button.
If you do not have an IU account, please sign up for an IU Guest Account. Once you get the guest account, you can Enroll in the course.
All the course content is in the Canvas Course you will be broung to after you click the "ENROLL" button.
With support from the College of Arts and Sciences and various language programs at Indiana University (IU), the Center for Language Technology (CeLT) has hosted multiple World Language Festival (WLF) at the IU Bloomington campus over the past years. Offering over 75 languages and 80 overseas study programs, IUB is a world renowned university committed to language study and global culture. With a persistent theme of “Widen Your World: Learn a Foreign Language,” IUWLF aims to celebrate the diverse cultures and languages of our world and to showcase the outstanding instruction and language resources at IUB. IUWLF 2021 virtual! From K-12 students to adult learners, all are welcome!
WLF has been reimagined for 2021 into a multi-day online celebration of world languages and cultures, including a full day of live sessions and virtual exhit session and a rich collection of self-study lessons developed by IU language teaching faculty and graduate students, available from May 15th through May 31, 2022. In the WLF 2021 Virtual event, participants can:
- Attend Live Language Lessons on May 15th 2021. Choose from any of the following languages or attend multimple sessions: Estonian, isiZulu, Hebrew, Hindi, Kinyarwanda, Navajo, Ukrainian, and Urdu
- Attend Virtual exhibition on May 15th to talk directly with language program representatives at IU
- Engage in Self -Study Language and Cultural Lessons (May 15, 2021-May 31, 2022) developed by language faculty and graduate students at IU. Currently the lessons covering more than 10 languages with possibilities of adding new languages and lessons over the year.
- Get various digital badges for attending lives sessions and completing self-study lessons
- Participate in coloring contest and tongue twister contest for prizes
Module Topics Include
- world languages
- world cultures
After attending the virtual WLF, you will be:
- talk about a new language or culture you did not know
- know more about a language or culture of your interest
- have some fun learning a language or culture
- get motivated to learn more about world languages and culture
Lead Organizers: IU Center for Language Technology (CeLT)
Co-Organizers: IU Center for the Study of Global Change & IU Global Education Initiatives, School of Education
Learners obtain a digital badge for each module completed
You decide! As short as 10 minutes to hours, days and weeks!
K-12 students, college students, general public